The Conditions of Carriage are part of Fastway Couriers Ireland shipping contract, and contain the general terms and conditions under which Fastway Couriers Ireland is engaged in the transportation of goods.
The Carrier has the sole discretion to declare certain items as Prohibited Items, which it does not carry under any circumstances. The list of Prohibited Items may be amended from time to time, customers must regularly review this list to ensure they do not attempt to send any such items through the network.
If a customer attempts to send any Prohibited Items, the Carrier has the right to refuse pick up or delivery of that item. The Carrier also has the sole discretion to either return the item(s) to the customer at the customer’s sole expense, which will include a freight handling fee plus the applicable freight charges or require the customer to pick the freight up from the depot.
The customer will indemnify and keep indemnified the Carrier from and against all actions, suits, costs, damages, claims, proceedings or injunctions made or brought against the Carrier, including any fines or other penalties imposed upon the Carrier for any reason in relation to the transportation of any Prohibited Items.
Prohibited Items are as follows:
- Antiques, Heirlooms – Items that hold sentimental value but have no proof of market value.
- Crystal or mirrors of any kind and ceramics or fragile items i.e Frames of mirrors/pictures.
- Dangerous Goods.
- Firearms, Weaponry, Ammunition and their parts, Fireworks and other items of an Incendiary or flammable nature, explosives of any kind.
- Fresh Flowers/plants.
- Human corpses, organs or body parts, human or animal embryos, cremated or disinterred human remains. Hazardous waste, including, but not limited to , used hypodermic needles and or syringes or medical waste, blood and pathology items that present a biological hazard of any kind.
- Legal Documentation – Passports, Government Documents, etc.
- Narcotics, controlled substances or illegal drugs of any kind.
- Original art work.
- Perishables such as, Fresh Food, Live fish, or Living creatures of any kind.
- Pornography or obscene material of any nature.
- Time sensitive items – Tickets of any Kind.
- Vouchers, Gift Cards, Cheques, Bonds, Monies of any Kind.